Some recent shots from four days in Faizabad, NE Afghanistan
1. The beautiful backdrop to Faizabad. The office compound is in the foreground. In the lower right, the white Landrover used by the Nuristan Eye Team. A grim reminder.
2. The bazaar. Ages since I have seen spices and colours laid out like this.
3. Faizabad makes good jewellery. A set of silver earrings from here cost only a few hundred Afs, and quite beautiful.
4. Autumn leaves on an early walk up the hill.
5. The view from the hill (visible in the first picture). Faizabad is a pretty town, and it was very good to get out of Kabul’s dust and haze.
6. Local kids on the way back to my hosts house. Shot with a wide angle lens, hence the slight distortion.
“Hey, Abdul. Nice outfit”.
“Thanks, yeah the baggy pants are very cool. And this waistcoat fits all my stuff”.
“Well, gotta go. Be seeing ya.”