- Consultancy to humanitarian and development organisations: research and needs analysis; report drafting, synthesis and delivery; liaison; project design and evaluation organisational and strategic reform.
- Research, fact-finding, analysis and report formation.
- Media management, communication and public speaking.
- Management and coordination of large scale humanitarian, rehabilitation and development programs: ten years experience with national, international NGOs and the UN.
- Staff training and professional development, specifically in areas of human rights, gender, protection, community development, assessment and monitoring. Two years tertiary teaching at Master level and nine years experience training in the field.
- Governance, capacity building, administrative reform and institutional development.
- Creative writing, articles, public interest stories, reportage and professional photography.
2003: Master of Arts (International Development), Murdoch University (Western Australia). Thesis: Settlement issues and conflicts of Afghan refugees in Australia 1999-2004 Awarded with High Distinction.
1998: Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Australia (UWA, Australia).Majors English and Psychology
1992- 94: Studies in International Human Rights Law and Legal Process, UWA
1993: Bachelor of Social Work, UWA.
Good/ Fluent: English, German, Dari, (including Farsi, Hazaragi, Tajik)
Basic: Arabic, Urdu